My lifetime will speak for itself: 5 questions
I have been in the mood for big frameworks, and nothing feels bigger right now than these five questions which I’ve adapted from a hadith and invite you to, if it feels right.
So many times the anxiety of judgement from others has stopped me from showing up. But what if showing myself was inevitable as both death and life, like a snake shedding its skin to cast off accumulated parasites? I have been in the mood for big frameworks, and nothing feels bigger right now than these five questions which I’ve adapted from a hadith and invite you to, if it feels right.
I think about them when I realise that when death ends, change ends too, and this body will have no capacity to show up with my gifts to the story anymore. My lifetime will have been spun into the story back to the Source, and it will have to speak for itself.
My Lifetime Will Speak For Itself
Reflections for your meditation, journal, or creative practice
(adapted from Muhammad ﷺ as narrated by al-Tirmidhi hadith 2416)
- If time and you were in a relationship, what kind of life have you had together so far? What dynamic with time would you want?
- What are the seasons of your youth? How will you wear it on your body?
- In what ways are you wealthy? Where did it come from? Where in the universe does it flow to?
- If Future You time-travelled back to meet you here tomorrow, what would be said?
- What do you know to be true, and what will you do about it?
This is an excerpt of a longer newsletter sent out in 2019. If you valued this, tip me with a message— that sends a clear signal of appreciation ✨ Consider also subscribing for free to login and leave comments— I only send emails when I've made something worth your time.